Personal Insurance






Whether you live in a house, a condo, or a co-op; it doesn’t matter where you call home.  What matters is that you protect it properly. With our wide variety of well-known, highly-rated, national and regional carriers, we can offer you options you may not find elsewhere.  We have programs to cover coastal homes, multiple family dwellings, older homes, high value homes, rental properties, and vacant properties.  With all the options we have available to us, we find you the right coverage at the best value, and that’s just the beginning. Our knowledgeable account managers view each client as a VIP.  We look at your individual situation and craft a customized solution, then we review that solution as your situation changes and your insurance needs evolve.  Should you ever have a claim, our claims team is here to help you.  When we say we are a full-service agency, we mean full-service.



An automobile policy has many different components.  Our representatives will analyze your situation to insure that you have the right physical property and liability coverage for your unique needs.  Our wide range of carriers allows us the opportunity to get you exceptional coverage at great value.


Among the coverages your automobile policy may contain:


  • Comprehensive Coverage: this covers damage to your car caused by something other than a collision and could include fire, theft, vandalism, hail, flood, or damage caused by hitting an animal
  • Liability: this covers property damage and/or injury caused by you
  • Collision: this coverage helps pay repair or replacement costs if your car crashes into an object or another car
  • Medical: this coverage can help cover the medical or funeral expense of covered drivers and passengers after an accident, regardless of fault
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Glass coverage
  • Roadside service


Jewelry, Fine Arts, and Collectibles

You may need coverage you never even realized.  Jewelry, antiques, stamp collections, camera equipment, furs.  Think about your possessions.  They can easily be stolen or damaged in a multitude of ways.  Your homeowners insurance may not provide enough coverage to properly protect these valuables or provide for their replacement.  Our carriers offer various options to cover your valued possessions.



Whether it’s a yacht, motorboat, fishing boat, sailboat, or jet ski; you need to insure your watercraft against the risks it faces, including: theft, fire, storms, collision.  Even more important, you need to protect yourself and your assets from the damage your watercraft can do with liability coverage.  The experts at Bender will guide you to the right coverage.


Personal Umbrella

Umbrella insurance is a form of liability insurance that supplements your basic liability policies, such as your auto or home insurance. An umbrella liability policy covers a much higher limit and kicks in on top of auto or home insurance, giving you extra liability coverage up to the umbrella policy limit.


The main purpose of your umbrella policy is to protect your assets from an unforeseen event, such as a tragic accident in which you are held responsible for damages or bodily injuries.


Co-ops and Condos

Insuring your Condo and Co-op can be very confusing.  Frequently, there are associations or boards that provide policy coverage for some aspects of your building.  But to what extent?  Our experts are well-versed on Condo and Co-op insurance and they can explain the differences in the coverage you need to satisfy the association or board requirements, and your own personal property and liability needs.



You may not own your home or apartment, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have assets to protect.  Your valuable possessions should be protected for everything from theft, fire, or other covered perils. You may also need Personal Liability coverage.  Our expert account managers can analyze your personal circumstances and recommend the coverage that best protects you. 


Flood Insurance

Do you need flood insurance? Maybe you do, but don’t know it.


Most homeowner policies do not cover flood and other water related damages.


Did you know that floods are the #1 natural disaster and about 25% of flood insurance claims come from areas outside of high-risk zones? [This is according to the National Flood Insurance Program.  The NFIP is managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)]


There is a standard 30-day waiting period before most flood policies can become effective. So the time to discuss your flood insurance needs is now, well before the storm or disaster.


Our agents can provide you with more information on your flood insurance options and the NFIP.



Insuring your motorcycle should be one of the easiest decisions you make.  Our account managers will make sure you have the proper coverage and best price available.


Classic Car

Do you own antique or collectible cars? As you know, these vehicles require special treatment. Bender has the specialized insurance carriers to provide coverage for these prized vehicles.